Friday, January 9, 2009

Independance


Like most one year olds they start to want to be big and do things on their own. I usually give Joshua a decoy spoon while I feed him. He does not like that I have a spoon and sometimes puts up a fuss to have both of the feeding utensils. One day I wanted to clean the kitchen and thought that I should give him a chance to feed himself. The results are shown above!! Luckily a few months later he can now almost successfully feed himself oatmeal with out a mess. I can't wait til he can do it all his own as long as it doesn't get too messy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HATE feeding babies! I HATE IT!!! I let them self feed as early as possible, they get just as messy as when I try. But this baby is eating so young I have to feed her, and (tell me if I mentioned this already), I HATE IT! I give her 2 spoons, one for each hand, and that seems to help.